All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis BFI Screen Guide provides an accessible, richly-illustrated introduction to 100 key ir films, from Hollywood classics such as Double Indemnity to more recent titles such as Sin City, as well as examples from Europe, Japan, India and Mexico, together with an editorial overview of the genre and its key debates.
- Author BiographyJIM HILLIER is Visiting Lecturer in the Department of Film and Television Studies at the University of Reading. His publications include American Independent Cinema (2001), The Film Studies Dictionary (2000) and Howard Hawks: American Artist (1996). ALASTAIR PHILLIPS is Associate Professor in the Department of Film and Television Studies at the University of Warwick. He is the author of Rififi (2008) and the co-editor of Japanese Cinema: Texts and Contexts (2007) and of Journeys of Desire: European Actors in Hollywood (2006).
- Author(s)Alastair Phillips,Jim Hillier
- PublisherBritish Film Institute
- Date of Publication18/05/2009
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleScreen Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBFI Publishing
- Content Notebiography
- Weight492 g
- Width123 mm
- Height168 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.