All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJohn DiLeo ventures beyond the obvious, paying tribute to a collection of acting feats that made priceless but often unappreciated contributions to the art of screen acting. So, Scarlett O'Hara, Michael Corleone or Margo Channing here. But you will find Vivien Leigh, Al Paci, and Bette Davis in outstanding performances that have been overshadowed by their signature roles. From Lillian Gish in 'Way Down East' (1920) to Renee Zellweger in 'Nurse Betty' (2000), DiLeo takes movie fans on an unpredictable ride through film history, covering eight decades, showcasing a variety of genres and performing styles, and providing fresh spins on the careers of Hollywood's top stars. He gets to the heart of what made the performers so original and memorable in the roles at hand, whetting your appetite to see all one hundred of these superb, eye-opening performances, even if you saw them before -- because you really didn't!
- Author(s)John Dileo
- PublisherHal Leonard Corporation
- Date of Publication22/08/2002
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLimelight Editions
- Content NoteIll.
- Weight573 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine27 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.51Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.