Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- Description100 Jazz Patterns for Chromatic is the ideal book for beginner harmonica players seeking a well-organized, easy-to-follow encyclopedia of scales and exercises, as well as professionals who want to develop their kwledge of jazz improvisation and take it to new heights. This book features a foreword and introduction by Yvonnick Prene, a discography and more for harmonica enthusiasts of any level. The book contains over 100 Jazz patterns, Major and Mir scales, Bebop scales, Popular modes, Han-type warm up exercises -- written in all keys, in standard tation and harmonica tabs. It also includes licks in the style of Toots Thielemans, Stevie Wonder and Larry Adler. As an instructor of the harmonica, Prene has skillfully and carefully selected the jazz patterns in this guide to entice and challenge students. Prene plays all patterns and examples to help students master the harmonica - all available to download from a URL (web link) included inside.
- Author BiographySince moving to New York City, composer and educator Yvonnick Prene has become one of the rising stars in harmonica world and a sideman in demand. He has recorded three albums as a leader and been working with todays top jazz artists such as Kevin Hays, Rich Perry, Aaron Parks, Jon Cowherd, Donald Edwards, Cyrille Aimee, Alan Hampton, Laurent Cugny, Ugonna Okegwo, Steve Cardenas, Alex Tassel and Scott Tixier among others. Yvonnick graduated at the Sorbonne University in Paris with a Masters degree in Music and was awarded scholarships to attend Columbia University and The New School where he studied with notably Reggie Workman, Lee Konitz, John Patittuci and Aaron Goldberg. He earned a Bachelor's degree in Jazz Performance in 2011 and soon afterwards started his professional jazz career.In 2012 he signed with the Danish label SteepleChase Records and recorded Jour de Fete his debut album.In his four stars review, Dan Bilawsky wrote Jour De Fete is his recorded initiation into the fraternal order of jazz harmonica aces; he's now a part of the club for life.
- Author(s)Yvonnick Prene
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication30/05/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Out-of-print date12/01/2017
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight86 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.