All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.31
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.21
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $7.81Trending at AU $8.37
- AU $9.82Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.49
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $31.25
About this product
- DescriptionA follow-up to Borne's successful 100 Research Topic Guides for Students, this guide provides reproducible outlines for 100 more report topics popular with high school students and teachers, in all basic subject areas. Each outline will facilitate basic reference searching and encourage the student to perform successful self-directed research with both print and n-print sources. Topics reflect new and traditional student assignments. The guide is organized into five sections: Fine Arts, Language Arts, and Foreign Languages; Math, Science, and Techlogy; History, Ecomics, and Political Science; Social Issues; and Biography. Each outline includes subject headings, call numbers for browsing in the stacks, print and nprint reference sources, periodical indexes, internet sites, key words, videotapes, and organizations to contact. The outline also includes suggestions for narrowing topics that are too broad, and related topics to explore. A thorough general index helps users quickly access the topics they require, and a blank template is included for librarians to modify the topic guides for their particular library sources. It can also be used to create guides for additional topics, expanding its use to every level of each class in your high school-the ultimate tool for busy librarians and students alike.
- Author BiographyDANA MCDOUGALD has taught all grade levels from Head Start to graduate students and has been a librarian at Cedar Shoals High School since 1979. She is co-author with Melvin Bowie of Information Services for Secondary Schools (Greenwood, 1997).
- Author(s)Dana McDougald
- Date of Publication30/09/1999
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Series TitleLibraries Unlimited Professional Guides in School Librarianship
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteindex
- Weight477 g
- Width162 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.