All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionEncompassing a wide range of calligraphy in many languages and hands, or styles, this book presents a visual treasury of works by 100 contemporary scribes, all of whom were either born in New York or studied or worked in the city. From English and its related Romance languages to a wide range of Asian and Middle Eastern alphabets and nalphabetic characters, the more than 550 examples of beautiful writing create a rich visual smorgasbord. Traditional uses of hand-lettered calligraphy are shown, including event invitations and envelopes, certificates and awards, and quotes and sayings framed as artwork. The examples also include contemporary applications and ntraditional forms such as graffiti and experimental calligraphy that is t formed from readable characters. All are hand-wrought and human-made, using pointed or broad-edged pens, whether quill or steel, or a brush or other simple tool.
- Author BiographyCynthia Maris Dantzic, Senior Professor of Visual Arts at Long Island University (LIU), Brooklyn, NY, for many years, frequently exhibits works in drawing, painting, Western and Chinese calligraphy, photography and photo-collage and has works in several museum collections.
- Author(s)Cynthia Maris Dantzic
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication23/06/2015
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note629 colour illus
- Weight1715 g
- Width228 mm
- Height304 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.