All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionHillwalking is a way of life for Robin Howie, whose name is very well-kwn in Scottish hillwalking circles and whose kwledge of the Scottish high tops is second to ne. For over ten years his popular weekly hillwalking column has appeared in The Scotsman where his pleasure of walking in the hills is apparent to the reader. Some claim to buy the paper solely to read his column while others have long-demanded that his walks be made into a book. Generous with his help and advice to other walkers, this collection of shorter, lower-level walks will appeal to families and those less sure of venturing to the high tops. Conveniently arranged within shires with a location map, each walk has a useful factfile that summarises the map, start point, distance, terrain, duration of walk, height to be climbed and the all-important nearest refreshment point. 100 Scotsman Walks is a distillation of a lifetime of highs and lows, enhanced by the artist's eye and the wordsmith's descriptive powers. It will be a delight for active or ex-walkers, for the would-be explorer or armchair enthusiast, for the whole family, young or old - a book in fact for everyone.
- Author BiographyRobin hopes to complete his tenth round of Munros together with a fourth round of subsidiary tops in 2011, with each hill climbed and explored in a variety of ways. As well as climbing all the Corbetts, he has completed a round of Munros since a hip replacement - each one climbed solo and on every day of the year. He has experienced high altitude climbing in Antarctica, South America and East Africa and has also climbed in Borneo, the Philippines, Norway, Mongolia and Cuba.
- Author(s)Robin Howie
- PublisherWhittles Publishing
- Date of Publication01/06/2011
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Place of PublicationCaithness
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWhittles Publishing
- Content Noteillustrated with photos and maps
- Weight431 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.