All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom a small silver medallion beautifully engraved by a First Fleet convict to the 119-metre Royal Australian Navy destroyer, HMAS Vampire, the Australian National Maritime Museum has an incredibly diverse collection of more than 130,000 items. Here, the museums curators reveal the fascinating stories behind many amazing objects, including the fastest vessel in the world (Spirit of Australia), a boat made from 2,000 beer cans, the remarkable Saltwater Collection of bark paintings from Arnhem Land, and surfboards inspired by the Bra Boys and the 2005 Cronulla race riots. They tell of unforgettable people both famous and lesser known whose lives have been shaped by the sea.
- Author BiographyThe Australian National Maritime Museum features themed exhibitions, ranging from Indigenous lore and European seafaring to aquatic sport and the maritime defense of Australian shores. It is located in Sydney, Australia.
- Author(s)Australian National Maritime Museum
- PublisherUNSW Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2012
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintUNSW Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1197 g
- Width230 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.37Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.