All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $36.00
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
About this product
- DescriptionWho was the Mothman? What caused the death of the Bordens? Who assassinated JFK? And what was the true meaning of the 'WOW' signal? Daniel Smith, author of 100 Places You Will Never Visit, sets out to uncover the truth behind 100 unexplained events that have been shrouded in secrecy for generations. Under his investigative searchlight are mysterious landmarks, disappearances at sea, legendary myths, astonishing coincidences, UFOs, missing people and bizarre natural phemena.Ranging from suspicious deaths (Black Dahlia) to suspected murderers (Jack the Ripper) and from ancient artifacts (Tarim Mummies) to Cold War cover-ups (Lost Cosmonauts), via documents that remain untranslatable (Voynich Manuscript), debated icons of religion (Shroud of Turin), and puzzling pararmal appearances (Marfa Lights), Daniel Smith leaves stone unturned in his quest to expose the bare facts and reveal the truth amongst the tales that have gripped curious minds for years.Also includes: Bermuda Triangle, Red Rain, Collapse of the Mayan Civilisation, Spontaneous Combustion, Whereabouts of Nazi Gold, Disappearance of Jean Spangler, Severed Feet of British Columbia, Shakespeare's Dark Lady, Shugborough Inscription, Stonehenge, Loch Ness Monster, The Flying Dutchman, Lewis Carroll's Lost Diaries, and the Beast of Bodmin Moor.
- Author BiographyDaniel Smith is an author and researcher. His books include 100 Places You Will Never Visit and three further titles in the same series, as well as The Sherlock Holmes Companion and a history of the Second World War Dig for Victory campaign. Daniel is also a long-time contributor to The Statesman's Yearbook, an annual geopolitical guide to the countries of the world. He lives in London.
- Author(s)Daniel Smith
- PublisherQuercus Books
- Date of Publication01/12/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTrivia & Quiz Books
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQuercus Books
- Weight794 g
- Width183 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.