All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat happened to Amelia Earhart's aeroplane, Van Gogh's painting of Dr Gachet and the crew of the Mary Celeste? This fascinating book unlocks the world's lost property cupboard and sifts through buried treasure, mysterious disappearances and unkwn locations, examining the evidence - and the conspiracy theories - surrounding the world's most legendary lost objects. Who erased the Nixon tapes? Did Captain Kidd really bury his treasure on Rhode Island? Is Lord Lucan still alive? Ranging from a single gemstone (the Great Mogul Diamond) to hoards of jewels (treasure of the Knights Templar), and from a single man (Australian prime minister Harold Holt) to swathes of people (the Lost Army of Cambyses), via Shergar the stolen horse, the top secret recipe for KFC, the fifth spy in the 'Cambridge Five', the much-coveted Holy Grail and the sunken Tybee Island Bomb, Dan Smith shines a torch into the darkest theories and examines the hidden truth. A fascinating catalogue of lost things, 100 Things You Will Never Find will take you on a unique quest around the globe and across the centuries, searching for the legendary items that have inspired generations of explorers, scientists and storytellers alike. Contents include: Amelia Earhart's Aeroplane, Muhammed Ali's Gold Medal, Loch Ness Monster, Log of Columbus's First Voyage, Google's Search Algorithms, Atlantis, Missing Apollo II Tapes, Montezuma's Treasure, Lord Lucan, Final Panels of the Bayeux Tapestry, Formula for WD-40, Hemingway's Lost Manuscripts, Jules Rimet Trophy, Lost City of Z, Raoul Wallenberg, Missing Nixon Tapes, Lord Byron's Memoirs and a Complete Dodo Skeleton.
- Author BiographyDaniel Smith (Author) Daniel Smith is an author and researcher. His books include 100 Places You Will Never Visit and three further titles in the same series, as well as The Sherlock Holmes Companion and a history of the Second World War Dig for Victory campaign. Daniel is also a long-time contributor to The Statesman's Yearbook, an annual geopolitical guide to the countries of the world. He lives in London.
- Author(s)Daniel Smith
- PublisherQuercus Publishing
- Date of Publication04/09/2014
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintQuercus Publishing
- Content Note150 colour illustrations and diagrams
- Weight804 g
- Width187 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.