Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $25.00+ postage
- Good condition
- Sold by jazedup4
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChairs displayed on their own as pure form. This is an overview of the 20th century. More than any other piece of furniture, the chair has been subjected to the wildest dreams of the designers. The particular curve of a backrest, or the twist of a leg, the angle of a seat or the color of the entire artifact all reflect the stylistic consciousness of each era. From Gerrit Rietveld and Alvar Aalto to Verner Panton to Eva Zeisel, from Art Nouveau to International Style, from Pop Art to Postmodernism, the phemen of the chair is so complex that it requires a reference work as comprehensive as this to do it full justice. They are all here: Thonet's bentwood chairs and Hoffmann's sitting-machines, Marcel Breuer's Wassily chair and Ron Arad's avant-garde armchairs. The book devotes one page to each chair, displayed on its own as pure form, with biographical and historical information about the chairs and their designers. A special treat for anyone who loves design and a must for collectors!
- Author BiographyThe editor: Charlotte & Peter Fiell have written numerous TASCHEN books, including1000 Chairs, Design of the 20th Century, Industrial Design A-Z, Scandinavian Design, Designing the 21st Century, Graphic Design for the 21st Century, 1000 Lights and Contemporary Graphic Design. They also edited TASCHEN's Decorative Art series and the 12-volume domus 1928-1999.
- Author(s)Charlotte Fiell,Peter Fiell
- PublisherTaschen GmbH
- Date of Publication01/08/2013
- LanguageEnglish, French, German
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationCologne
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintTaschen GmbH
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1229 g
- Width195 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine44 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.73Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.