All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe world's best beers--from Europe's classics to the latest new-wave microbrew sensations. Finally, a book that treats beer as seriously as wine! This latest volume in the acclaimed 1001 series supplies the conisseurs' scoop on ferreting out the best among an ever-increasing array of available brews--from exotic foreign beers to the constantly evolving world of American microbrews and homebrews. The book focuses on the world of premium beers--from obscure labels to such traditional yet supremely local brands as Shiner (Austin, Texas), from Czech pilsners to German lagers, Belgian wheat beers, and Trappists ales, t to mention the classic British porters and Irish stouts--every type of beer is covered, making this the go-to volume for serious beer lovers. No mere catalogue or encyclopedia, the volume features critical tasting tes and subjective assessments that will help match the right beer to the right occasion. Is this beer light, crisp, and refreshing (good for a picnic), or dry, bitter, and appetizing? Each description includes tes on the flavor and body of the beer, explains why it tastes the way it does, and describes strength and ideal serving temperature.
- Author BiographyAdrian Tierney-Jones is the editor of The Brewer's Herald and the author of The Big Book of Beer. He received the 2006 Silver Award from the British Guild of Beer Writers and his work has appeared in The Brewers Guardian and The Daily Telegraph.
- PublisherUniverse Publishing(NY)
- Date of Publication23/03/2010
- SubjectOther Beverages
- Series Title1001 (Universe)
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniverse Publishing(NY)
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, frontispiece
- Weight2064 g
- Width178 mm
- Height221 mm
- Spine64 mm
- Edited byAdrian Tierney-Jones
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $36.33Trending at AU $38.11
- AU $43.75Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $38.00Trending at AU $60.26
- AU $39.93Trending at AU $44.31
- AU $24.99Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $16.58Trending at AU $18.55
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $34.58
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.