1001 Foods: The Greatest Gastronomic Sensations on Earth by Pavilion Books (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $30.95Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by booktopia_australia
- Est. delivery by 9 Feb
- AU $7.99+ AU $13.05 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by fuggsy
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description1001 Foods is a delicious collection of the best foods the world has to offer, from Julia Child's recipe for scrambled eggs to Mexican Chicken Mole and everything in between. Each food is described in loving detail, including fascinating insights into its historical and cultural significance, and illustrated with stunning, appetizing photographs. The subject foods are organized according to the structure of a classic dinner: from Soup to Nuts. There are recipes and features throughout on particular subjects such as the best chicken dishes, the most expensive ingredients, the most delicious artisanal cheeses of the world, and many others. The arbiters of the list are food professionals whose names are kwn in kitchens and bookstores worldwide. They share their expert opinions on the whole foods, dishes and cuisines that must be experienced at least once in a lifetime. Contributions from Nigella Lawson, Madhur Jaffrey, Jamie Oliver, Delia Smith, Rick Stein, Bill Granger, Claudia Roden, Jill Dupleix, Ken Hom and Donna Hay among others.
- Author BiographyTerry Durack, Australia's top food writer and restaurant reviewer and regular contributor to the UK's Independent on Sunday, writes the introduction to the book. With his profound knowledge of food, and wit as sharp as a mandoline, his writing is always delicious.
- PublisherPavilion Books
- Date of Publication24/01/2008
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPavilion Books
- Content Note500 illustrations
- Weight1910 g
- Width110 mm
- Height160 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Introduction byTerry Durack
- Format DetailsWith flaps
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $36.33Trending at AU $38.31
- AU $43.75Trending at AU $48.52
- AU $38.00Trending at AU $60.57
- AU $43.90Trending at AU $44.08
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $24.96
- AU $16.59Trending at AU $18.64
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $34.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.