All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $19.99
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.85
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionThe editors of Yankee magazine scoured scores of vintage books, magazines, journals, and memoirs to find the very best old-time secrets for preparing meals, cleaning, doing laundry, decorating, repairing the home, treating common ailments, caring for pets, celebrating the holidays, and gardening outdoors and indoors. Throughout this treasury, the editors suggest ways to adapt yesteryear's methods using today's techlogy and materials, giving readers the best of both the old and the new. As readers explore these pages, they'll discover: how to mix a stain for wood furniture from coffee and salt; how to air condition a hot, stale room without relying on electricity; and how to fashion a beautiful garden trellis from twigs. With this book by their side, readers will always be in the good company of an old-timer who is set to dispense a helpful hint, encouraging word, or sage secret at the turn of a page.
- Author BiographyYANKEE MAGAZINE is the essential resource for those who want to know and enjoy the New England way of life today. Since 1935, devoted Yankee readers have enjoyed useful and entertaining articles about New England issues, people, homes, gardens, food, and travel. With over 2 million readers in the Northeast and beyond, Yankee is a super-regional magazine with a broad appeal.
- PublisherYankee Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication30/06/2006
- SubjectHouse & Home
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYankee Publishing Inc
- Out-of-print date13/12/2008
- Content Note195 b/w illustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width190 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byYankee Magazine
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.