101 Accessible Vacations: Travel Ideas for Wheelers and Slow Walkers by Candy B. Harrington (Paperback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $38.79+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $65.00Trending at AU $84.65
- AU $53.94Trending at AU $54.54
- AU $40.28Trending at AU $43.42
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $26.61
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.94
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $21.83
- AU $20.72Trending at AU $27.56
About this product
- Description101 Accessible Vacations: Travel Ideas for Wheelers and Slow Walkers is the first guidebook dedicated exclusively to wheelchair-accessible destinations, lodgings and recreational opportunities. Penned by Candy B. Harrington, the editor of Emerging Horizons, this new title focuses on the holiday planning needs of wheelchair-users and slow walkers. 101 Accessible Vacations contains destination information on over 101 cities, lodging options, national parks, tourist attractions and recreational activities around the country. The book is organised so readers can search for a holiday based on their specific interests or travel styles. Unlike other guidebooks that are organised geographically, 101 Accessible Vacations includes sections ranging from Road Trips and The Great Outdoors to Historic Haunts and Cruisin . And last but t least, there is Candy's Picks , which includes a collection of some of the author's favourite trips, destinations and activities. Candy describes the access of all attractions, lodging options and tourist sights, rather than just stating that something is or isn't accessible. After all, accessibility is in the eye of the beholder; and what may be accessible to one person can be filled with obstacles to someone else. There's a world of travel choices out there for wheelers and slow walkers. And this book contains many of those choices; along with updated resources, information and access details to make them a reality.
- Author BiographyCandy B. Harrington is a widely acknowledged expert in the field of accessible travel for people with disabilities. She founded the magazine Emerging Horizons, an accessible travel magazine, and has published widely on this subject. She recently wrote the book Barrier-Free Travel: A Nuts and Bolts Guide for Wheelers and Slow Walkers. She contributed a chapter to the book Kids On Wheels, a resource guide for wheelchair-using kids and their parents. Her work can also be found in many disability-related magazines including New Mobility, PN, Ability and Arthritis Today as well as mainstream publications such as the Dallas Morning News. She's a frequent contributor to TravelAge West and she pens accessible travel columns for Special Living, Travel World International and Go World Travel. Ms. Harrington is a frequent keynote
- Author(s)Candy B. Harrington
- PublisherDemos Medical Publishing
- Date of Publication30/11/2007
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDemos Medical Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight562 g
- Width142 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.