All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $75.00Trending at AU $84.72
- AU $53.95Trending at AU $54.55
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $26.62
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.95
- AU $19.00Trending at AU $22.01
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $21.84
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $30.01
About this product
- DescriptionTrek the diverse terrain of Southern California, from desert to beach to mountaintop, on an easy stroll or overnight adventure, with this ultimate guide to the 101 best hikes in the Southland. Covers the Santa Monica, San Gabriel, San Jacinto, and San Bernardi mountains, and the Mojave and Colorado deserts. This updated and revised edition of one of our best-selling guidebooks includes 12 new hikes and updated information for hikes from the previous edition. All trips have been rehiked for this update. Each trip includes a map, photos, trail highlights, and symbols to tell you the basics of the trip at a glance. Each map w includes key GPS coordinates.
- Author BiographyJerry Schad's several careers encompassed interests ranging from astronomy and teaching to photography and writing. Schad was the author of 15 books, including a college-level textbook for introductory physical science courses and the top-selling Afoot & Afield series of hiking guidebooks that cover nearly all of Southern California. Schad's outdoor column, Roam-O-Rama, was published weekly in the San Diego Reader 1993--2011, and his San Diego Reader blog, Outdoor San Diego, kept San Diegans up-to-date on a variety of natural events in the sky and on earth. In the months preceding his death at age 61 from kidney cancer, Schad worked tirelessly and with courageous joy and spirit to complete his last book 50 Best Short Hikes San Diego. David Harris grew up rambling about the Desolation Wilderness as a toddler in his father's pack and later roamed the High Sierra as a Boy Scout. As a Sierra Club trip leader, he organized mountaineering trips throughout the Sierra Nevada. For the past 15 years, he has explored the mountains and deserts of Southern California. David teaches Engineering at Harvey Mudd College. He is the author of Day & Section Hikes Pacific Crest Trail: Southern California, and coauthor of Afoot & Afield Inland Empire and the 6th edition of San Bernardino Mountain Trails. He lives with his wife and 3 sons in Upland, CA.
- Author(s)David Money Harris,Jerry Schad
- PublisherWilderness Press
- Date of Publication29/08/2013
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series Title101 Hikes
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWilderness Press
- Content NoteB&W photos and maps throughout
- Weight414 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.