All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.04Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionPopular motojournalist Clement Salvadori has been sharing his stories from the road with the readers of Rider magazine since 1988. Now, 101 of those engaging Road Tales have been brought together in one book, cleverly illustrated by his long-time friend Gary Brown. Salvadori loves to travel by motorcycle and loves to write. Combining the two has given him a thoroughly satisfactory life. His contentment and joy of living shine through this collection of columns from the past two decades. Don't expect a detailed travel guide to places near and far, but rather a guide to the enjoyment of travelling, especially by motorcycle. These tales are spun by an observant and experienced traveller who can make a quick ride on the back roads near his home just as entertaining as a trip across the country. Meet some of the characters he has encountered, laugh with him at some of his blunders, and join him for bread, cheese, wine, and a stupendous vista somewhere away from the hustle and bustle of humanity. Though he does admit to being destination-oriented at times, many of his columns focus on the little things that make the journey itself the most memorable -- the rhythm of the road, the music of the bike, the beauty of the ride, and the exhilaration of being at one with the bike and the road. For those Rider fans who always turn to his column first, he is considered one of their personal friends. He has inspired many a rider to take a more leisurely pace and to be more aware and appreciative of the surrounding countryside. Salvadori's informal style and clear-eyed view make reading these 101 Road Tales like listening to the stories of a well-travelled and entertaining dinner guest.
- Author BiographyA well-known name in motorcycle journalism, Clement Salvadori has written over 1000 articles for several dozen motorcycle magazines during the past 30 years. In 1975 he sold a story to Easyriders magazine, and a whole new career opened up. Three decades later, he is still at it, having ridden motorcycles in over 60 countries on five continents. Which means there are a lot of roads left to cover.
- Author(s)Clement Salvadori
- PublisherWhitehorse Press
- Date of Publication01/02/2008
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationNorth Conway
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWhitehorse Press
- Content Note101 b/w drawings
- Weight738 g
- Width230 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine29 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.