All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionThe definition of a Shaggy Dog story is simple. It is a long-drawn out story with a pun as a punch line. The better (or worse?) the pun, the better the story. This is a collection of 101 classic examples.
- Author BiographyDr. Ashwell was born in Toronto, Ontario, Canada on September 24, 1932. He graduated from the University of Toronto Medical School in 1956 and his internship and residency were completed at Toronto Western Hospital and at St. Michael's Hospital in Toronto. He and Helen Robinson were married May 25, 1957 in Toronto. Dr. Ashwell then practiced in Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canada where he was also a member of the Chamber of Commerce for nine years, on the Ontario Medical Assoc. Committee for Accidents, a member of the Police Commission for nine years, on the Ontario Good Roads Commission, a member of the City Council for two years, an elder with the United Church for ten years, he was the Water Commissioner from 1968-1976 and was the Mayor of Smiths Falls for nine years. Dr. Ashwell also belonged to the local Rotary, Civitans and JayCee Clubs. For six years he served as the Chief of the OB/GYN Smith Falls Hospital, and was Chief of Medical Staff Smith Falls Hospital for four years, and was awarded the Citizen of the Year Award in 1976. While in Canada, Dr. Ashwell was also involved in Sports Car Racing obtaining a Professional License and finishing third in the 1967 Canadian Championship. He was the Traveling Team coach for the Smiths Falls Minor Hockey League Association until 1979. Dr. Ashwell and his family moved to Jamestown, ND in 1979 where he joined the Jamestown Clinic (now Dakota Clinic). He became a member of the Board of Directors for Blue Shield of ND in 1980. In 1986 he served as Chairman of the board for Blue Shield of ND and remained on the board until 1992. Dr. Ashwell was also a Fellow of the University of Harvard Medical School. From 1990-1992 he served as a Director of Jamestown's Chamber of Commerce. As a hockey enthusiast, Dr. Ashwell was a Level 4 certified Hockey coach and was the head coach for the Jamestown Bantam A Hockey Team from 1980-1987. He was an avid golfer and also a fan of both the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Toronto Argonaut football team.
- Author(s)Dr Thomas Owen Ashwell MD,Thomas Owen Ashwell
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Place of PublicationScotts Valley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight517 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.