All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe purpose of the book is to enhance the concept of Technique in the teaching and practice of Social Work. Over the years Technique has t been stressed as a part of practice even though the actual practice of Social Work consists of the utilization of techniques in addition to theory and the process of assessment and diagsis. The book seeks to achieve its goal in four ways. It addresses the way the concept of Tchnique has or has t been used over the years. It addresses the need for a clear definition of technique. It analysis the qualities that Technique should have at this point in our history of clinical practice. It then formulates and presents a definition of technique for our thesis based on this definition. It then presents a brief discussion of 101 Techniques discussed in contemporary literature by discussing each one's place in practice a bit about its history and necessary kwledge skills to use responsibly. It addresses the latter by grouping a level of risk involved in its utilization.
- Author BiographyDr. Francis J. Turner is Professor and Dean Emeritus, Wilfred Laurier University Faculty of Social Work Dr. William Rowe, DSW, School of Social Work, College of Behavioral and Community Sciences, University of South Florida
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication06/06/2013
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Note10 line illus.
- Weight1642 g
- Width177 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edited byFrancis J. Turner,William S. Rowe
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.