All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionEach year millions of high school students dedicate a Saturday morning to taking the Scholastic Aptitude Test, more commonly referred to as the SATs. These tests are important because 92 percent of colleges require applicants to report their scores. In 2008 the average score for critical reading was 502, for maths 515, and for writing 494. How can you boost your scores and stand out from the crowd when applying to college? Reading this book and employing the practices found within, is one way to do so. In this new book, you will learn about and understand the scoring system, as well as the format and content. You will learn how to read questions correctly, how to control your anxiety, and how to approach each section. In addition, you will be presented with a list of resources to help you prepare and dozens of teacher-recommended strategies. The book is filled with maths, English, and writing practice questions; step-by-step instructions on writing an effective SAT essay; reviews of critical reading, grammar, and correct usage; and reviews of the most important maths concepts. Some of the study strategies included are answering the easy questions first, making educated guesses, and budgeting your time. This book also directs you to a variety of resources for more practice tests, guidelines, and information about the standardised test which was taken by over 1.5 million students in 2008. Instead of panicking and worrying about the SATs, pick up this book and be confident in your test-taking abilities. Whether you are taking the test for the first time or for the fifth, you will learn valuable information and practical tips for improving your score.
- Author BiographyMarti Anne Maguire is a freelance writer and teacher in Raleigh, North Carolina, where she lives with her husband and two children. A former newspaper reporter and high school journalism teacher, she taught her first SAT prep course more than a decade ago, and still teaches test-prep courses from time to time. She earned her master s degree in journalism from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and her bachelor s degree in English from the University of Florida.
- Author(s)Jaclyn Bissell,Marti Anne Maguire
- PublisherAtlantic Publishing Co
- Date of Publication22/02/2010
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Place of PublicationOcala
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAtlantic Publishing Co
- Content Noteb/w photos & illus
- Weight378 g
- Width230 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine20 mm
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.