All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAt 8:46 a.m. that morning, fourteen thousand people were inside the World Trade Centre just starting their workdays, but over the next 102 minutes, each would become part of a drama for the ages. Of the millions of words written about this wrenching day, most were told from the outside looking in. New York Times reporters Jim Dwyer and Kevin Flynn draw on hundreds of interviews with rescuers and survivors, thousands of pages of oral histories, and countless phone, e-mail, and emergency radio transcripts to tell the story of September 11 from the inside looking out. Dwyer and Flynn have woven an epic and unforgettable account of the struggle, determination, and grace of the ordinary men and women who made 102 minutes count as never before.
- Author BiographyJim Dwyer is the coauthor of Actual Innocence and Two Seconds Under the World, and the author of Subway Lives. A Pulitzer Prize winner, he writes the About New York column for The New York Times. He lives in New York City.Kevin Flynn, a special projects editor at The New York Times, was the newspaper's police bureau chief on September 11, having previously worked as a reporter for the New York Daily News, Newsday, and The Advocate (Stamford). He lives in Connecticut.
- Author(s)Jim Dwyer,Kevin Flynn
- PublisherTimes Books
- Date of Publication17/10/2011
- SubjectTrue Stories
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTimes Books
- Out-of-print date06/02/2013
- Content Note8 illustrations; 16 pages b & w photos
- Weight358 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.74Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.