Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.04
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
About this product
- DescriptionHaralde Longshield sits astride a big black Frisian war horse upon a Welsh mountain gazing down upon his family's fiefdom. Ahorse beside him is his brother Riennes de Montford. Together the two are come half way round the world after they escape bondage in a far Eastern empire. Trained as men of horse in the Turkish and Mongrol warrior tradition, they kw they can free Haralde's subjects from a siege by a rebel Saxon army. The bigger hurdle is can they get these peasants to accept them as overlords, foreigners from a distant land? -In KNIGHT HARALDE, two men have stepped ashore in William the Conqueror's 1066 England after 10 years of exile in a Silk Road kingdom. In a backward age where even the bility cant read or write, Haralde and Riennes are t only literate but come from a culture where science, astromy, mathematics and medicine flourish. Now, Haralde, an expert in agriculture and Riennes a surgeon, must use their kwledge of the greater world to overcome the Dark Age dangers of violent warlords, bandits, mercenaries and religious zealots.
- Author BiographyWhen 9/11 struck, John Wright was a retired newspaperman of 30 years experience with no wish to write a book. A week after the twin tower tragedy, he awoke with a novel in him. Thus The Healer. Born in Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada, John has been writing all his adult life. A graduate of Ryerson's College journalism program, he has been a reporter, editor, columnist, magazine, travel and outdoor writer. He has won several provincial awards and one national Canadian writing award. He finished his career as an outdoor writer with a focus on environmental issues. An outdoorsman, hiker, camper, sailor and cruising skipper of his own 35-foot sailer, he has rolled many of those outdoor experiences into his journal writings. When the first tracings of the plot for The Healer began to excite his mind, he hiked and traveled through The March, the border country between Wales and England, and found rich medieval history in a Shrewsbury library in an account of Norman invasion and Welsh resistance. The Healer and another novel, Knight Haralde, were born. Today, he lives with his wife Elaine on Canada's Bruce Peninsula on the shores of Lake Huron.
- Author(s)John Wright
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication24/09/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight345 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.