All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNilofer Merchant has written a wonderful book about the new era in which we are living and working. Finally, someone said it: social isn't about marketing, or putting a new veneer on an old thing - it's that everything is social. Nilofer integrates the social aspects of people - as humans, employees, consumers - with what institutions need to kw. Today, connected individuals can w do what once only large behemoth organizations could. The unit of value creation is longer some machine with humans simply a cog to be plugged in or pulled out. No. Value creation in the 21st century starts with each of us -- something that was lost in the industrial times but can be found again. Take advantage of the fundamental shift we're all experience by kwing what they are, and what they mean for you, and the work you do. It doesn't matter if you're in the C-Suite, the creative designer, the soccer mom, or the government worker - as long as you want to create value there will be something here for you. And, as you progress on your journey of finding and providing value in this new era, you'll want to reread this work. 11 Rules for Creating Value in the Social Era is one of those books we'll all look back at 20 years from w and see how clearly the future was outlined.
- Author Biography$18 billion dollars. Nilofer Merchant has personally launched more than 100 products that netted this astounding amount. It's this kind of leadership and business models - the type that results in innovation, and growth - that she now shares. Merchant works with teams to create enduring advantage. From working with Steve Jobs at Apple, to defeating Microsoft in an epic industry battle, to advising the C-Suites of GE, IBM, Logitech and more, Merchant brings a world-class pedigree to her work. Fast Company recognized her most recent book, 11 Rules for Creating Value in the Social Era - a Harvard Press book, as a Best Business Book of 2012. Her earlier book, The New How, on collaboration has been widely recognized as one of the best to show how to close the proverbial AirSandwich gap between strategy and execution. You've probably seen her byline and ideas in publications like the Harvard Business Review, Wired, and Oprah. A TED speaker, she shares the stage with luminaries regularly, including Malcolm Gladwell, and Bono (yes, THAT Bono). Merchant lives in Silicon Valley where she has worked for over 25 years. She's at work on her next book. You can find her sharing and thinking aloud at Nilofermerchant.com. Or at @nilofer.
- Author(s)Nilofer Merchant
- Date of Publication12/09/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight141 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.