All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $65.00Trending at AU $84.36
- AU $25.54Trending at AU $39.58
- AU $40.28Trending at AU $43.27
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.86
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $21.76
- AU $12.95Trending at AU $15.83
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $29.90
About this product
- DescriptionNorth Europe may be the birthplace and historic heartland of hostelling, but South Europe has greater numbers wadays, and the quality is as good, if t better. South Europe may just have the greatest number of hostels in the world, in fact, but the distribution of them might surprise you. For, while France may be the Number One tourist destination in the world, it's t at the top of the hostel list. No, the greatest number of hostels in the world is in the Iberian Peninsula, in modern-day Spain and Portugal. The quality in Spain and Portugal is very good, too, in fact, exactly the paradigm of what a modern 'flashpacker' hostel should be. There are almost 500 of them here in this book, complete with specs and details. But that's t all. Italy and the expensive Alpine countries of Austria and Switzerland are here, too, w affordable with the sudden wide spread of hostels. And Greece is here, of course, with its fabulous sun-soaked islands, timeless culture, and... self-contained party compounds. The smart money is on East Europe, though, with (almost) everything you can find in the West, and all at half the price. The Cold War is but a memory, too, with borders little more than formalities, if even that. In ne of the countries listed in this book is a visa required of a Westerner. You can simply hop on the plane, or train, or bus, and go. C U in Barcelona, Lisbon, Rome, or... Belgrade?
- Author BiographyEx-pat American Hardie Karges took his first extended international trip at the age of twenty-one in 1975 and traveled to his first ten countries within two years, all for less than two thousand dollars. Thus began a way of life that has taken him to some 150 countries (and counting), living and working in a dozen of them, learning several languages and trading in folk art and cottage industry products. He has also published poetry and created videos, before finally deciding to write about what he knows best-travel. His first book, Hypertravel: 100 Countries in 2 Years, was published in 2012. The full initial set of Backpackers & Flashpackers is projected to include 6 to 8 volumes and be completed in 2014.
- Author(s)Hardie Karges
- PublisherHypertravel Books
- Date of Publication29/11/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectWhere to Stay / Where to Eat & Drink
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHypertravel Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight281 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.