All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLiverpool's unique history as an international port and a cultural melting pot has given it a character all its own. The city has produced music that conquered the world and is home to more historic buildings than any other British metropolis outside London. It features two magnificent cathedrals and many world famous museums. But beyond its rewned exterior is a labyrinth of places hidden and unkwn. This deliciously offbeat guidebook will lead you to a different Liverpool: down tunnels, up skyscrapers, and into secret bars, speciality shops, and disused factories. You will see Balenciaga trainers and football trophies, rolling bridges and disappearing statues, Liver Birds and suitcases, extravagant cakes and cast-iron churches. Explore Britain's first mosque. Wander a roof garden of wild flowers, where different species bloom each month of the year. Marvel at the world's most expensive book or largest brick building (27 million bricks!). Relax in a hip tea bar with over 50 varieties of tea (loose leaf, naturally); or visit a place where you can drink Dandelion and Burdock with your fish and chips. Think you kw Liverpool? Think again!Whether you're a first-time tourist, a repeat visitor, or a long-time local, prepare to be charmed and surprised by 111 eccentric and unusual places you'd never expect to find in the city best kwn for football and the Fab Four.
- Author BiographyPeter de Figueiredo's family has been in Liverpool for over 200 years. He trained as an architect before working for the city of Chester and for English Heritage. He has developed an unrivalled knowledge of the architecture of Liverpool and the North West, and now has his own consultancy as an adviser on historic buildings. Julian Treuherz is an adopted Scouser. He was born in Littleborough, Lancashire and worked in Manchester before coming to Liverpool to direct the Walker Art Gallery and the Lady Lever Art Gallery, Port Sunlight. An expert in Victorian art, he received an honourary degree from the University of Liverpool in 2009.
- Author(s)Julian Treuherz,Peter de Figueiredo
- PublisherEmons Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication27/04/2016
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series Title111 Places/111 Shops
- Place of PublicationCologne
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintEmons Verlag GmbH
- Content Note111 colour
- Weight454 g
- Width135 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Travel Guides
Lonely Planet Tasmania by Meg Worby, Lonely Planet, Charles Rawlings-Way, Anthony Ham (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $21.31New
- AU $14.10New
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $43.37
- AU $20.72Trending at AU $25.42
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $21.31
- AU $36.28Trending at AU $37.25
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $38.97
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $28.50
- AU $19.93Trending at AU $21.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.