All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe ultimate insider's guide to Miami and the Keys; go off the beaten path to discover the hidden places, stories, and neighbourhoods that reveal Miami's true character, history, and flavour. Miami and the Keys are the cultural and geographical gateways to the United States; where Latin America gracefully blends into North America, and land embraces the sea. This unusual guide leads you along the fulcrum that is Miami and the Keys, laden with world-class architecture, sandy beaches, pristine waters, nightclubs, and trendy hotels. Beneath the well-polished surface lies a history and culture that strays far from the conventional, bubbling up through unexpected places, like a coral fortress built for a spurned lover, a divey laundromat that serves the sweetest cafe con leche you've ever had, or an enclave of houses built on stilts in the midst of the ocean. Lose yourself in a glass rainforest. Glide over the mysterious waters of the Everglades. Visit your own desert island. Drink the sweet nectar of the Cuban coffee gods. Venture into the other Miami, beyond the glitz and glamour, steeped in natural beauty and deep-seeded tradition. See why Ernest Hemingway called the Keys his home. Though teeming with tourists, there are still plenty of hidden gems to be unearthed, you just have to kw where to look...
- Author BiographyGordon Streisand is a third-generation Miami native whose family has called Miami and the Keys home since the now-dwarfed courthouse was the tallest building in the city. A graduate of the University of Florida in Gainesville, Gordon has been a sportwriter and columnist and enjoys sharing the lesser-known wonders of his hometown with vistors of all types and ages.
- Author(s)Gordon Streisand
- PublisherEmons Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication23/09/2015
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series Title111 Places/111 Shops
- Place of PublicationCologne
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintEmons Verlag GmbH
- Content Note111 colour
- Weight476 g
- Width135 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.