All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTwenty million tourists are drawn to Rome every year. They admire the Colosseum and St. Peter's Cathedral, sit down on the Spanish Staircase, and stroll along the Campo de Fiori. But the Eternal City has much more to offer: secrets, clandestine spots, stories sunk into oblivion. Why, for example, is there a lighthouse, when Rome is t near the coast? Where is the grave of Pope Joan? What does the hangman's cloak have to tell? Which landmark was nearly stolen? Where can you find the formula that supposedly turns lead into gold? Where do you get rewarded for impossible misbehaviour? And why is the world's oldest baby hatch here, of all places? This book will bring you to spots that will show you Rome from a completely new side.
- Author BiographyAnnett Klingner, born in 1966, studied Literature, History of Art, and Medieval Literature in Berlin and Rome. Since then, she has returned to her Eternal City again and again for lengthy periods in order to live and work there. Her fields of research are the reception of pagan customs in the Italian Renaissance, works of art on mythological and cosmological themes, as well as the history of the City of Rome.
- Author(s)Annett Klingner
- PublisherEmons Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication24/09/2014
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationCologne
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintEmons Verlag GmbH
- Content Note115 colour
- Weight454 g
- Width135 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.25Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.