All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Serenissima, the fair Lady, is increasingly growing to be the Disney World of the super-rich - but isn't that what she always was? A search for the traces in the heart of this enchanted city of water , far from the madding crowd, tracking down what makes the Serenissima what she is: the cheerful, quirky, lovable, mystical; the artistic, the epicurean, the mercantile, the inexplicable and inscrutable Venice that bewitches and heartlessly repels its visitors when they start getting on the city's nerves. 111 Places in Venice That You Shouldn't Miss shows you the quirks and secrets of Venice: In which church an elephant once was held captive? Where would you find a luxury hotel inside a madhouse? Who lost his palazzo at a game of cards?
- Author BiographyAt the tender age of five, Gerd Wolfgang Sievers already preferred the stove to the soccer field. While finishing high school in Germany, he was also learning gourmet cooking from various well-known chefs. He was then drawn to Vienna, and after studying journalism, he earned his official credentials as a cook. For more than fifteen years, Gerd Wolfgang Sievers has been writing culinary and gastrosophic columns in various trade periodicals and newspapers. Up to now, he has published twenty-three books in the German-speaking area, such as the Snail Cookbook, or Austria, Land of Pleasure. He is also producing and creating films for the series Austria, Land of Pleasure, for Bavarian Radio Alpha. He works in Vienna, while living in Burgenland and in Friuli, Italy.
- Author(s)Gerd Wolfgang Sievers
- PublisherEmons Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication15/12/2014
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationCologne
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintEmons Verlag GmbH
- Content Note115 colour
- Weight454 g
- Width135 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.