Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $18.29Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $26.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBrought up in London by her widowed mother and her step-uncle and Guardian, Sir Uriel Reece, the beautiful Rosaleena kws little about the estate in Ireland she is about to inherit together with the lovely Rosscullen House. All she kws is that it is the place where she was born and where her father, the late Lord Rosscullen, died. She kws when he died and where, but how is a complete mystery. To Rosaleena amazement the subject is never discussed in Sir Uriel's household - indeed, it is a matter that is actively avoided by everyone and one will tell her the truth of what happened. Now, on the eve of her twenty-first birthday, Rosaleena is about to meet the man who will bring her face to face with her unkwn past - the enigmatic and mysterious Colonel Joyce. When Rosaleena invites the Colonel to her birthday ball at Sir Uriel's London house and he graciously accepts much to the strangely virulent disapproval of Sir Uriel, she sets in motion a sequence of events that will turn her life upside down. Journeying from fashionable London Society to the rugged mountains of a remote part of Ireland, Rosaleena will discover t only that true love never does run smooth but that it is by its nature never tame. After many twists and turns and disappointments, she gradually discovers the horrifying truth about her father's death and how eventually she finds her heart's desire is all told in this intriguing tale by BARBARA CARTLAND.
- Author BiographyBarbara Cartland was the world's most prolific novelist who wrote an amazing 723 books in her lifetime, of which no less than 644 were romantic novels with worldwide sales of over 1 billion copies and her books were translated into 36 different languages. As well as romantic novels, she wrote historical biographies, 6 autobiographies, theatrical plays and books of advice on life, love, vitamins and cookery. She wrote her first book at the age of 21 and it was called Jigsaw. It became an immediate bestseller and sold 100,000 copies in hardback in England and all over Europe in translation. Between the ages of 77 and 97 she increased her output and wrote an incredible 400 romances as the demand for her romances was so strong all over the world. She wrote her last book at the age of 97 and it was entitled perhaps prophetically The Way to Heaven. Her books have always been immensely popular in the United States where in 1976 her current books were at numbers 1 & 2 in the B. Dalton bestsellers list, a feat never achieved before or since by any author. Barbara Cartland became a legend in her own lifetime and will be best remembered for her wonderful romantic novels so loved by her millions of readers throughout the world, who have always collected her books to read again and again, especially when they feel miserable or depressed. Her books will always be treasured for their moral message, her pure and innocent heroines, her handsome and dashing heroes, her blissful happy endings and above all for her belief that the power of love is more important than anything else in everyone's life.
- Author(s)Barbara Cartland
- Date of Publication09/09/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight200 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $19.66
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $47.57Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $26.48Trending at AU $34.68
- AU $27.13Trending at AU $27.83
- AU $11.85Trending at AU $14.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.