All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBest-selling author Omar Tyree makes his children's book debut with 12 Brown Boys, a collection of short stories for middle readers (8-12) that focus on the lives of Black pre-teen boys. Readers will connect with Tyree's engaging characters. There is Red Head Mike who hates his nickname, but hates his red hair even more, and Chestnut, who is sent to live with relatives down south to keep him out of trouble in his Brooklyn neighborhood. There is Santa Monica super kid William, whose status as a scholar and entrepreneur has even his best friends hating him, and Wayne, who resents his role as the oldest child until a tragedy strikes the family. Tyree has assembled a wide range of characters that reflect the diversity of experiences of Black boys - characters that are funny, serious, edgy, street-wise, studious, and all unforgettable.
- Author(s)Omar Tyree
- PublisherJust Us Books
- Date of Publication01/09/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJust Us Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight168 g
- Width160 mm
- Height189 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.