All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn the 1st day o Yuletide, My true luve gied tae me, A reid robin in a rowan tree. Take a deep breath and prepare for a journey through all twelve days of Yuletide with a cast of skaters skooshin, lassies birlin, sheep a-shooglin and the all-important five gowden rings. The stunningly beautiful illustrations bring this Scots version of the ever-popular Christmas song to life in vivid detail. Inspired by the traditional verse, this adaptation features easy-to-understand (and prounce) Scots words and creatures, including hoolets (owls) and bonnie doos (beautiful doves). Perfect for children and parents to read and sing along to, throughout the festive season.
- Author BiographySusan Rennie lectures on the history of Scots and lexicography at Glasgow University. A renowned Scots language expert, she is a co-founder of Scots language publisher Itchy Coo and author of several Scots language books for children. Matthew Land is an illustrator currently living on a dairy farm in the Welsh hills. Since graduating with a degree in illustration from University College Falmouth in 2012, he has interspersed his illustration with travelling the world. He is also the illustrator of another Traditional Scottish Tale, The Dragon Stoorworm.
- Author(s)Susan Rennie
- PublisherFloris Books
- Date of Publication17/09/2015
- SubjectPicture Books
- Series TitlePicture Kelpies: Traditional Scottish Tales
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight210 g
- Width250 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Matthew Land
- Format DetailsPicture book
- Interest AgeFrom 4
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $234.90Trending at AU $288.63
- AU $30.63Trending at AU $35.61
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.67
- AU $14.48Trending at AU $15.11
- AU $49.59Trending at AU $52.57
- AU $31.61Trending at AU $38.32
- AU $42.80Trending at AU $47.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.