All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBarb Rogers has been clean and sober for a long time. And she kws that doesn't make a difference. What makes a difference is that she's clean and sober today. Much of Barb's time goes to conducting meetings and to writing about a simple programme that she and countless men and women around the world credit with t only saving their lives, but helping them reclaim or claim for the first time peace, serenity, and happiness. So what is this programme that people love and praise or loathe and fear? That they avoid or come back to time and time again? Rogers begins by asking, rhetorically: a cult? a curse? a cure? None of the above, though it may feel like it to the addict and his or her family and friends. Rogers speculates that the programme works, at least in part, because it applies to anyone with any kind of addiction problem - pointing out that it's only in Step 1 that people name what they are powerless over - alcohol, marijuana, food, etc. It works because it's ongoing. It works because of its dual focus inward and outward. It works because people recognize that their lives are better for it. It is, as the saying goes, simple, but t always easy. There is perfection, there is process, there is only walking the talk, one day at a time.
- Author(s)Barb Rogers
- PublisherConari Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/10/2009
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationBerkeley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintConari Press,U.S.
- Weight145 g
- Width127 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine13 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.