All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBringing together penetrating conversations between poets of different generations as they explore process and poetics, poetry's influence on other art forms, and the political and social aspects of their work, 12 X 12 restores poesis to the center of poetry. Christina Mengert and Joshua Marie Wilkinson have assembled an expansive and searching view of the world through the eyes of twenty-four of our most vital and engaging poets. Punctuated by poems from each contributor, 12 X 12 brings together an unparalleled range of poets and poetries, men and women from around the world, working poets for whom the form vitally matters.
- Author BiographyChristina Mengert's As We Are Sung is forthcoming. Her poems and reviews have appeared in Web Conjunctions, the Denver Quarterly, Aufgabe, the New Review of Literature, and elsewhere. In 2004 she won the Kim Ann Arstark Memorial Award for Poetry and was selected for the Best New Poets 2006 anthology. She currently teaches writing and literature at the University of Colorado at Boulder and in UCLA's Writers' Extension Program. Joshua Marie Wilkinson's Lug Your Careless Body out of the Careful Dusk won the Iowa Poetry Prize in 2006. His poetry collections include Suspension of a Secret in Abandoned Rooms and The Book of Whispering in the Projection Booth. He teaches at Loyola University Chicago.
- PublisherUniversity of Iowa Press
- Date of Publication15/02/2009
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationIowa
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Iowa Press
- Weight576 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byChristina Mengert,Joshua Marie Wilkinson
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.