About this product
- DescriptionWho was Whistler's mother? Why did Georgia O'Keeffe paint all those flowers? How did Joseph Cornell create his incredible boxes? These questions and more are answered in this book on American artists designed to catch young readers' attention and satisfy their unending curiosity. Each artist is featured in double-page spreads that are as unique as their subjects. Fascinating biographical portraits, interesting sidebars, and ideas to spark the imagination enhance the exquisite reproductions of well-kwn works. Presented chrologically, these profiles are strung together by a continuous timeline that highlights world events that impacted the artists' work. Children and adults alike will find much to learn, savour, and enjoy in this colourful introduction that is both interactive and edifying-t to mention fun.
- Author BiographyBrad Finger is an art historian based near Chicago, Illinois. He is the author of '13 Modern Artists Children Should Know'.
- Author(s)Brad Finger
- Date of Publication01/07/2010
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Place of PublicationMunich
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Out-of-print date24/10/2015
- Content Note60
- Weight599 g
- Width240 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.