All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat's the difference between watercolour and gouache, or between a collage and an assemblage? How are frescoes and mosaics made? Why do prints look so different from each other? These questions and others are explored through major works of art in dazzling colour reproductions. Children will learn about drawing through cave paintings and Leonardo's sketches, they will understand how Holbein and van Gogh used oil paints to vastly different effect or what Henri Matisse accomplished with coloured paper and a pair of sharp scissors. Along the way they will be encouraged to make their own masterpieces using similar techniques to the masters.
- Author BiographyANGELA WENZEL is a museum educator in Germany. She is the author of numerous art books for children including titles in the 13 - Children Should Know series, published by Prestel.
- Author(s)Angela Wenzel
- Date of Publication20/03/2013
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Place of PublicationMunich
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Content Note60 colour
- Weight603 g
- Width240 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.49Trending at AU $29.39
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $33.37
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.74
- AU $36.86Trending at AU $44.04
- AU $15.44Trending at AU $17.17
- AU $19.33Trending at AU $19.67
- AU $27.66Trending at AU $30.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.