All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom William Blake's vibrant, visionary paintings to Antony Gormley's ever-popular sculptures, via the mysteries of Leora Carrington and the cheeky fun of Beryl Cook, this colourful, chrologically arranged overview uses games, puzzles, and project ideas to encourage young people to appreciate the diverse ways in which British artists reflect their country's culture. Religious art, modern sculpture, exquisite landscapes and urban art are all presented in full-page spreads that engage children by inviting them into the works themselves, challenging them to answer questions about the artists' perceptions and exposing them to the fascinating historical forces that have shaped the artists' work. Children and adults alike will find much to learn, savour, and enjoy in this colourful introduction that is both interactive and edifying-t to mention great fun.
- Author BiographyALISON BAVERSTOCK is a university lecturer, art historian, mother of four, and author of numerous books, including Secrets in a Box: The Art of Joseph Cornell (Prestel).
- Author(s)Alison Baverstock
- Date of Publication31/08/2011
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Place of PublicationMunich
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Content Note60 colour
- Weight603 g
- Width240 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.12
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.79
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.82
- AU $24.46Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.52
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $19.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.