All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGrowing up in a suburban hell Lizzie has never liked the way she looks. She starts dating guys online, but she's afraid to send pictures. So she starts to lose weight. With punishing drive, she counts almonds consumed, miles logged, pounds dropped. She grows up and gets thin, navigating double-edged validation from her mother, her friends, her husband, her reflection in the mirror. But matter how much she loses, will she ever see herself as anything other than a fat girl? A brilliant, hilarious and at times shocking debut about our body image-obsessed culture.
- Author BiographyMona Awad received her MFA in fiction from Brown University. Her work has appeared in McSweeney s, The Walrus, Joyland, Post Road, St. PetersburgReview, and many other journals. She is currently pursuing a PhD in creative writing and English literature at the University of Denver.
- Author(s)Mona Awad
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication10/03/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- ImprintPenguin USA
- Weight166 g
- Width127 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.22
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.65
- AU $13.84Trending at AU $17.86
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $21.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.