All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book teaches a young audience about the works and lives of thirteen women artists through informative texts, puzzles, coloring exercises, and fun quizzes. In colourful spreads that feature important works as well as portraits of the artists themselves, children will learn how Sofonisba Anguissola, the Renaissance painter and pupil of Michelangelo, mastered portraiture in the Spanish Court; how the exquisitely wrought illustrations of Maria Sybilla Merian advanced the study of nature in the seventeenth century; and how Mary Cassatt's paintings depicted the lives of women in the nineteenth century. Modern and contemporary artists such as Georgia O'Keeffe, Frida Kahlo, Louise Bourgeois, and Cindy Sherman round out this introduction to women artists for children.
- Author(s)Betina Schuemann
- Date of Publication01/07/2009
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Place of PublicationMunich
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Content Note50
- Weight612 g
- Width240 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.