All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.80Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
About this product
- DescriptionBroken hearts, scattered dreams, post-punk politics and postmodern cut-up collages spiral and flow through award-winning poet Daphne Gottlieb's latest collection of poetry and short fiction. Whether she's writing about unanticipated outcomes, her mother's passing or absurd situations, Gottlieb's deeply personal insights into the complex areas where life and contemporary culture collide offer readers a uniquely voiced, thought-provoking perspective.
- Author BiographyDaphne Gottlieb: Award-winning poet Daphne Gottlieb stitches together the ivory tower and the gutter just using her tongue. She is the editor of Fucking Daphne: Mostly True Stories and Fictions and Homewrecker: An Adultery Reader, as well as the author of the poetry books Kissing Dead Girls, Final Girl, Why Things Burn and Pelt, as well as the graphic novel Jokes and the Unconscious with artist Diane DiMassa. Final Girl was the 2003 winner of the Publishing Triangle's Audre Lorde Award. Final Girl was also named one of the the Village Voice's Favorite Books of 2003, and received rave reviews from Publisher's Weekly, and the San Francisco Chronicle. Why Things Burn won a 2001 Firecracker Alternative Book Award. Gottlieb is a three-time finalist for Lambda Literary Awards. Her work has been translated into Turkish and Greek, and has inspired theatrical adaptations and DJ remixes. Recent press has praised her work as fierce, unapologetic, scorching and deliriously gutsy. She has been widely published in journals including Utne Reader, Tikkun, Nerve.com, McSweeneys.net, Exquisite Corpse, and Instant City. Her work has appeared in a number of anthologies including Live Through This: The Art of Self-Destruction, Word Warriors:35 Women Leaders of the Spoken Word Revolution, Don t Forget to Write!, Half/Life: Jew-ish Tales from Interfaith Homes, With a Rough Tongue: Femmes Write Porn and Short Fuse: A Contemporary Anthology of Global Performance Poetry. She is also the cover girl on Akashic Books' San Francisco Noir. Gottlieb has performed at festivals coast-to-coast, including South by Southwest, Bumbershoot, and Ladyfest Bay Area. She formerly served as poetry editor of queer literary magazines Lodestar Quarterly and Other Magazine. Gottlieb currently teaches graduate-level creative writing, and has also taught creative writing workshops at all levels around the country. She received her MFA from Mills College.
- Author(s)Daphne Gottlieb
- PublisherManic D Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication23/06/2011
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintManic D Press,U.S.
- Weight120 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.