All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn internationally inspired cookbook for anyone managing diabetes. This cookbook has huge appeal for two primary markets of high-risk individuals: 1) those from an ethnic background who want meals that are traditional yet offer healthy alternatives; and 2) those who are t from a specific ethnic group but seek ethnic recipes that are healthier and diabetic-friendly. Each enticing recipe has been specifically created for those managing diabetes and retains the taste and appearance of traditional ethnic dishes. These recipes have been developed by a registered dietitian and culinary school professor, so great taste and solid nutrition are guaranteed. The ingredients ensure a broad range of dishes and options, and there is use of artificial sweeteners. Most of the recipes can be made in less than 20 minutes and each recipe has a complete nutritional analysis as well as handy professional tips. Everyone can enjoy these traditional recipes, with the same taste and look as long as they watch portions or modify certain ingredients. For example coconut milk or oyster sauce can be added to a favourite dish, so long as it is understood why certain amounts were chosen for the recipe and how they affect nutrition value. There are wonderful adaptations of dishes like Cauliflower and Potato Curry (Alloo Gobi), Butter Chicken (Makhani Murgh), Goan Style Pork Vindaloo, Hakka Bamboo Shoot Dumplings, Stir Fried Soy Bean Sprout, Kung Pao Chicken, Black Bean Soup and Valencia Seafood Paella. Unfamiliar ingredients are defined in the Multicultural Pantry List along with the invaluable healthy eating tips. The importance and benefits of traditional ways of cooking in this cookbook show that traditional foods can be enjoyed while managing diabetes at the same time.
- Author BiographySobia Khan, MSc, RD is a professor in food and nutrition at the Centre for Hospitality and Culinary Arts at George Brown College in Toronto, Canada, and has worked extensively in managing nutrition and diabetes.
- Author(s)Sobia Khan
- PublisherRobert Rose Inc
- Date of Publication27/11/2014
- SubjectHealth, Dieting & Wholefood Cookery
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintRobert Rose Inc
- Content Note16 full-colour photos
- Weight544 g
- Width178 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.85Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.