All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis title features: a fool-proof, intensive plan to power up your vocabulary; and, 52 chapters, each presenting new words with easy-to-use techniques for understanding and retention, so that working only 15 minutes a day, readers will add 1500 words to their vocabulary. Controlled vocabulary techniques are a proven method for overcoming the resistance to learning new words, especially among older learners, from adolescence to adulthood. Presenting new words in a narrative context that makes their meaning clear is one of the most effective systems of instilling words in memory for the long term. This book will offer four new words for every day of focused, vocabulary building.
- Author BiographyCeil Cleveland is a professor of English at New York University. She has also been vice president of university affairs at SUNY Stony Brook and Queens College of CUNY.
- Author(s)Ceil Cleveland
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/07/2005
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Contemporary
- Weight935 g
- Width210 mm
- Height274 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.