All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt is Rome, 1635, and Grantville's diplomatic team, headed by Sharon Nichols, is making scant headway w that it has become politically inexpedient for Pope Urban VIII to talk to them any more. Sharon doesn't mind, she has a wedding to plan. Frank Stone has moved to Rome and is attempting to bring about the revolution one pizza at a time. Cardinal BoIja is gathering votes to bring the Church's reformers to a halt in their tracks, on the orders of the King of Spain. Meanwhile, trouble is brewing in the streets, shadowy agitators are stirring up trouble and Spain's armies are massed across the border in the Kingdom of Naples, Cardinal Barberini wants the pamphleteers to stop slandering him and it looks like it's going to be a long, hot summer. Except that Cardinal Borja has more ambitions than his masters in Madrid kw about, and has the assistance of Spain's most torious secret agent to bring about his sinister designs.
- Author BiographyEric Flint's impressive first novel, Motherof Demons (Baen), was selected by SF Chronicle as one of the best novels of 1997. With David Drake he has written five popular novels in the Belisarius series, and begun a new fantasy adventure series, so far comprising The Philosophical Strangler and Forward the Mage. Flint received his masters degree in history from UCLA and was for many years a labor union activist. He lives in East Chicago, IL, with his wife and is working on still more books in the Ring of Fire series.Andrew Dennis, in addition to co-writing the New York Times best seller, 1634: The Galileo Affair, had a story in Baens The Ring of Fire, and has had many non-fiction pieces published on the subjects of law and the paranormal. By way of a day job, hes a lawyer and he lives in Preston, England with his wife and children.
- Author(s)Andrew Dennis,Eric Flint
- PublisherBaen Books
- Date of Publication26/09/2006
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationRiverdale
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBaen Books
- Out-of-print date02/11/2012
- Weight626 g
- Width168 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.