All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a highly readable and fascinating look at 18th century embroidery techniques, from a U.K. author. It includes relevant quotations from ladies and gentlemen of the period as well as drawings of costume pieces. It features colour photographs of museum-held pieces with antations throughout. Gail Marsh's research is presented here in a highly readable and fascinating manner, with relevant quotations from people of the period, intricate drawings of costume pieces, antated with the stitches, threads and techniques that were used, plus colour photographs of the museum-held pieces. This enthralling book is a must for any student studying embroidery, fashion and textiles, craft persons interested in historical embroidery techniques, creators of historical costume for stage.
- Author BiographyGail Marsh has spent most of her career being a fashion and textiles lecturer, but has also been a textiles and knitwear designer, a design consultant for Marks and Spencer, and a costumes and textiles curator. In addition, she has exhibited her work, received commissions and written several books. She lives in Colne, Lancashire.
- Author(s)Gail Marsh
- PublisherGuild of Master Craftsman Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication16/02/2012
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationEast Sussex
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGuild of Master Craftsman Publications Ltd
- Content Notefull colour illustrations throughout, 205 illustrations, 80 photographs
- Weight680 g
- Width210 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.