All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA fascinating piece of history and a window to turn-of-the-century America. The Sears, Roebuck & Co. catalog was the Amazon.com of its day, giving American families across the country access to thousands of items from clothing and furniture to buggies and hair tonic. Whether they could buy it or t, people would pour over the massive volume that represented an icon in American retail. The 1908 Sears, Roebuck & Co. Catalogue offers an amazing look at life in early twentieth-century America. Sears, Roebuck & Co. have defined and invated American retail for years, As the company grew from humble beginnings, it's catalog selection exploded to include all sorts of categories and encompassed almost everything imaginable. With merchandise ranging from ordinary to fantastical (and almost all of it priced at the pennies-on-the-dollar rate of the time), browsing through this vintage collection is sure to be an enjoyable experience.
- Author BiographySears, Roebuck & Co. was founded in 1886 in Chicago, Illinois. It published a general merchandise mail order catalog and consumer guide from 1888 until 1993. It is the author of the 1897 Sears Roebuck & Co. Catalogue and the 1908 Sears, Roebuck & Co. Catalogue.
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication04/08/2015
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSky Pony Press
- Content NoteB&W illustrations throughout
- Weight1099 g
- Width210 mm
- Height273 mm
- Spine53 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $99.95
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.15
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.67
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.59
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.