All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from 1919 Vs 1894: Or Blairsville's Marvelous Development in a Quarter of a Century For a long, long time I had looked forward to this eleventh day of July, 1919, as being the one that would probably usher in for me one of the pleasantest experiences of my life. Twenty-five years before, just to the very day, I had left my old home at Blairsville and had gone to the island of Samoa to seek my fortune. During my absence I had, of course, heard frequently by letter from my friends and had constantly been in receipt of the Evening Courier, so that I had been kept as well informed of the great changes that had taken place in my native city as it is possible for one who has to depend altogether upon hearsay, and who is forced to rely largely upon his imagination in his attempt to picture in his minds eye the new order of things. To-day as I sat in a luxurious palace car on the Atlantic and Pacific Air Line, which, by the way, had been constructed during my absence, and extended from New York to San Francisco in a line as straight as the crow flies, my thoughts went back to the day on which I had left the old town. That was on the eleventh day of July, 1894, and at that time Blairsville was just about starting on its recovery from a period of several years prostration of business. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)Charles Kerler
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication27/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight145 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.