All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe final year of the Second World War was very quiet in terms of naval operations, as European leaders turned their minds towards peace with the promise of unconditional German surrender. From January to May in Europe, the German navy was involved in a large-scale evacuation of refugees, but the Soviet submarines were working very effectively at this time, so German losses remained high. The majority of the fighting at sea took place in the Pacific, and from April to June, the Allies were fighting in the Battle of Okinawa, the largest amphibious assault in the Second World War Pacific theatre. The Americans used Okinawa as their base to attack mainland Japan, and over 70,000 Japanese soldiers died. The last actions of the Battle of the Atlantic took place in May, and the German U-boat fleet surrendered en masse in the same month. This is the last in a series of year-by-year books covering the major naval events of the Second World War.
- Author BiographyPhil Carradice is a full time writer and broadcaster. He is a graduate of Cardiff University and UWIC in Cardiff and taught for thirty years, becoming Head of a large residential Special School. He has had numerous books published including novels, history, biography and poetry. He is a regular broadcaster on BBC Radio 3 & 4 and on TV programmes such as The One Show. He presents The Past Master on BBC Radio Wales. He lives in the Vale of Glamorgan.
- Author(s)Phil Carradice
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication15/09/2016
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleThe Second World War at Sea in Photographs
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note200
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.