Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.03
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.20Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $21.55Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $22.15Trending at AU $23.02
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing directly and movingly from Yoram Kaniuk s own experiences as a teenaged soldier in the Palmach unit of the Israeli army during the 1948 War for Independence, this memoir-vel portrays an entire generation of young men from good homes who found themselves immersed in a struggle they did t fully understand. Far from trying to justify his own actions, Kaniuk opts instead for self-criticism, reflecting on the pointlessness of war and the foolishness of a group of inexperienced, white-collar boys turned brothers-in-arms who senselessly imagined that there was some glory in dying so young. The vel offers a singular vision of a crucial moment in modern history and sheds some light on the complicated situation in the Middle East. It is also a brave, shocking, and tragic story about the importance of recognizing the follies of the past.
- Author BiographyYoram Kaniuk was an Israeli writer, journalist, theater critic, and painter. During the 1948 Israeli War for Independence, he fought with the elite unit of the Israeli army known as the Palmach. He is the author of Adam Resurrected, Confessions of a Good Arab, and The Last Jew. Raquel Garcia Lozano is a professor of modern Hebrew language and literature at the Complutense University of Madrid.
- Author(s)Yoram Kaniuk
- PublisherLibros del Asteroide S.L.U.
- Date of Publication01/06/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLibros del Asteroide S.L.U.
- Weight268 g
- Width126 mm
- Height199 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Translated byRaquel Garcia Lozano
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.