All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith 2-Day Diabetes Diet, there are forbidden foods and carb-counting. You just need to restrict what you eat for 2 days a week. You will see the pounds drop off, your blood sugar levels stabilize, and your waist shrink. Diet just 2 days a week to drop the pounds and dodge type 2 diabetes! In a recent study, researchers in the UK found that restricting carbohydrates just two days per week was superior to a standard, daily calorie-restricted diet for both reducing weight (about 9 pounds lost vs 5 pounds) and lowering insulin levels (reduced by 22% vs 4 %). Based on this and other research indicating that safe weight loss is the key to reversing and preventing diabetes, Reader's Digest has partnered with registered dietitian and diabetes expert Erin Palinski to distill the latest science to create an easy-to-follow plan that allows people with diabetes to have their cake and other carbs and still keep their blood sugar under control. A diagsis of diabetes can be overwhelming and frightening, and even many of those who have lived with diabetes for years often struggle with the question of what they can eat. The 2-Day Diabetes Diet makes it simple there are forbidden foods and carb-counting. You just need to restrict what you eat for 2 days a week and research suggests you will see the pounds drop off, your blood sugar levels stabilize, and your waist shrink. On those 2 days a week, you follow the low-carb Power Burn program, and consume approximately 600 calories of selected foods. What does that look like on your plate? How about a 2-egg omelet with onions and peppers plus yogurt for breakfast; a hearty bowl of carrot soup plus fresh fruit for lunch; meatloaf and broccoli for dinner with milk; and a cup of sweet grapes for a snack? Or Canadian bacon and spinach for breakfast with a cup of milk; vegetable soup and half a banana topped with peanut butter for lunch; grilled chicken and zucchini over pasta for dinner; and an orange with a cup of milk for a snack. With real delicious food filling your tummy, you won t believe it all adds up to only about 600 calories. For the rest of the week, you follow a delicious 1500-calorie-a-day Mediterranean-style eating plan we call these Nourishment days. You can enjoy a bounty of brightly colored fruits and vegetables, lean proteins, whole grains, and even a few treats. The book will include:
- A 2-week day-by-day meal plan that lays out sample Power Burn and Nourishment days
- More than 60 meal options, including restaurant and frozen food options, so you can customize the menus to your taste and lifestyle
- More than 50 delicious diabetes-friendly recipes
- An optional easy walking and strength-training program to boost results even more
- Stress-reducing exercises to help you ward off cravings and reduce hunger
- Success stories from the 10 men and women who tried the plan with amazing results!
- Author BiographyABOUT ERIN PALINSKI Erin Palinski, RD, CDE, LDN, CPT is the founder of Vernon Nutrition Center, where she counsels individuals in the areas of weight management diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and general wellness. A registered dietitian and Certified Diabetes Educator, Erin is also a Certified Personal Trainer through the American Council on Exercise. Erin lives in New Jersey where she has a private practice in Ramsey and Franklin, New Jersey. In addition, she contributes her nutrition expertise to a variety of national and regional media including CBS Early Show, CBS News, ABC News, NJ 12 News, Fox News, The Daily Connections Talk Show, Prevention Magazine, Consumer Reports, Fitness Magazine, Woman s Day Magazine, Glamour Magazine, Women's World Magazine, Chicago Tribune, MSN.com and Everydayhealth.com. ABOUT READER S DIGEST RDA is a global media and direct marketing company that educates, entertains and connects more than 130 million consumers around the world with products and services from trusted brands. With offices in 43 countries, the company reaches customers in 78 countries, publishes 91 magazines, including 50 editions of Reader s Digest, the world's largest-circulation magazine, operates 78 branded websites and sells 40 million books, music and video products across the world each year. Reader s Digest, the world s most read magazine with 26 million readers, 2.7 million users on ReadersDigest.com, and more than 1 million Facebook Likes. Further information about the company can be found at www.rda.com.
- Author(s)Erin Palinski
- PublisherReader's Digest Association
- Date of Publication26/12/2013
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintReader's Digest Association
- Content Notecolour illustrations, colour line drawings
- Weight953 g
- Width188 mm
- Height262 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.