All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDavid is kwn as Israel's greatest king, but he was t a super-hero. He had to fight many battles to establish his throne, and when he did become king, he committed murder, adultery, and brought disaster on his family. He was a man with human failings and far from perfect, yet he was also a man after God's own heart. David depended on God's grace for forgiveness when he stumbled-the same grace that is available to us today. In this study, John MacArthur guides readers through an in-depth look at the historical period beginning with David's struggle to establish his throne, continuing through his sin and repentance, and concluding with the tragic rebellion of his son Absalom. Studies include close-up examinations of Joab, Amn, Tamar, Absalom, and others, as well as careful considerations of doctrinal themes such as Obedience and Blessing and being a Man After God's Own Heart. The MacArthur Bible Studies provide intriguing examinations of the whole of Scripture. Each guide incorporates extensive commentary, detailed observations on overriding themes, and probing questions to help you study the Word of God with guidance from John MacArthur.
- Author BiographyJohn MacArthur has served as the pastor-teacher of Grace Community Church in Sun Valley, California, since 1969. His ministry of expository preaching is unparalleled in its breadth and influence; in more than four decades of ministry from the same pulpit, he has preached verse by verse through the entire New Testament (and several key sections of the Old Testament). He is president of the Master's University and Seminary and can be heard daily on the Grace to You radio broadcast (carried on hundreds of radio stations worldwide). He has authored a number of bestselling books, including The MacArthur Study Bible, The Gospel According to Jesus, Twelve Ordinary Men,and One Perfect Life. For more details about John MacArthur and his Bible-teaching resources, contact Grace to You at 800-55-GRACE or gty.org.
- Author(s)John F. MacArthur
- PublisherThomas Nelson Publishers
- Date of Publication05/05/2016
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleMacArthur Bible Studies
- Place of PublicationNashville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThomas Nelson Publishers
- Weight181 g
- Width155 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.