All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA book of helpful advice on the most common concerns from parents of young children aged 2 to 10 years. In a reassuringly sane and accessible style, Professor Kim Oates explores elements of child development and behaviour and how they impact on the ways we parent. Over many decades, his advice will help parents develop an understanding of child behaviour as well as what children need from us. topics include: being a 'good eugh' parent; loving unconditionally; separating the behaviour from the personality; saving your energy for what really matters; using discipline that works; letting your children play; the effects of stress on children; and setting a good example. the foreword is written by Professor Fiona Stanley, founder of the telethon Institute for Child Health Research.
- Author BiographyKim Oates is a pediatrician who trained in Sydney, London, and Boston. In 2000 he received the Kempe Award for Outstanding contributions to the community on behalf of children, the first time this had been awarded outside the USA. He has received many other national and international awards for his services to children including the 2006 Alumni Award from the University of Sydney and the Howard Williams Medal from the College of Physicians for Outstanding contributions to Paediatrics and Child Health in Australasia . His other books include Child Abuse and Now You're a Grandparent. Professor Fiona Stanley is the founding director and patron of the Telethon Kids Institute, and a distinguished professorial fellow in the School of Paediatrics and Child Helath at the University of Western Australia.
- Author(s)Kim Oates
- PublisherFinch Publishing
- Date of Publication01/07/2014
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationLane Cove
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintFinch Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight316 g
- Width148 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.