All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionKnitters will first learn to read colour charts and then gain the confidence to use the patterns to create their own stunning projects and garments. A unique selector at the beginning of the book makes it easy to choose a design you like. Organised by row and stitch count, each of the patterns is accompanied by an easy-to-follow chart indicating both the pattern stitches and the colours used, and each sample is shown charted in an alternative colourway. A mix and match feature lets you combine patterns with confidence. Includes guidance on yarn choices and special techniques unique to Fair Isle knitting.
- Author BiographyMary Jane Mucklestone is a hand knitting designer who likes the process of knitting as much as the end product that she creates. She is known for her colourful and inventive Fair Isle and colourwork designs featured in Interweave Knits, Twist Collective, Classic Elite Yarns, Alchemy Yarns, St. Denis Magazine and an assortment of books, as well as at her website MaryJaneMucklestone.com Mary Jane has a varied background in art and textiles earning a BFA in Printmaking from Pratt Institute, studying fashion at Parsons School for Design, and Textiles and Historic Costume at the University of Washington. She was photostylist for Interweave Knits magazine, has taught handwork to the early grades in a Waldorf School, as well as working for years in the fashion industry in New York City, and the related fields of advertising and interior design. Mary Jane seeks to unlock the creative force inside the heart of every knitter.
- Author(s)Mary Mucklestone
- PublisherSearch Press Ltd
- Date of Publication10/10/2011
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationTunbridge Wells
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSearch Press Ltd
- Content Note350 colour
- Weight680 g
- Width222 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $91.10
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $28.00
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $50.31
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.93
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $36.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.